The first step towards the implementation of the strategy and the formation of the exclusive “Beehive Standard” was to achieve the certificate FSSC 22000. The work is not finished – the company intends to join the True Source Certified system and to get the official recognition as a manufacturer of organic products according to Organic certification.
- branded honey does not contain antibiotics or their traces;
- products were not affected by high temperatures;
- preservation of physical and chemical properties of natural raw materials;
- each unit of production has passed a multi-level quality control system in the laboratory;
- the production cycle is strictly regulated and provides for compliance with sanitary standards by all employees who are in contact with raw materials or final product;
- staff has the practical knowledge necessary to meet the requirements for employees.
FSSC 22000 certification gives the right to sell products in international retail chains, which is important for BEEHIVE partners. There is no need to obtain additional documents for deliveries for retail sale.
Beehive achieved FSSC 22000 certification in 2016 at one shot without significant comments from the auditors. Re-certification is expected in 2019, with an observational audit every year.